Direct Care staff work directly with the clients in daily activities. Instruction occurs both at home and in the community – including daily 3-5 mile hikes, going out to movies, dinner, dessert, shopping, malls, libraries, parks, ocean, skating and more!
- 20 years or older and with a minimum of 2 years of driving experience;
- Hold a valid CA driver’s license and clean DMV record;
- Must pass criminal background check;
- Pass employment physical and meet physical requirements of job, including a TB Test;
- Hold current CPR and First Aid certifications or ability to acquire them;
- Communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally;
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays;
- Love of people; interest in working with people with autism and intellectual disabilities;
- Friendly personality and desire to help others;
- Common sense, good judgment, strategic thinker, proactive
Hours Available: Our shifts range from 6-8 hours. Shifts are M-F beginning between 1:30 – 3:00pm, ending by 11:00pm.
Both AM and PM shifts are available on weekends. All shifts during the week are in the evenings. Weekend shifts required. We need staff with a flexible schedule that can possibly alternate weekday shifts or pick up extra shifts M-F.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please us the form on our ‘Contact Us’ page.